Friday, July 3, 2015

Day 27 - Into the weekend and the last 3 days...

Today was the most stressful and worst day so far of this Whole30. Things have escalated with my Mom and we found out she will likely have to go to a rehabilitation facility and then likely into long term care. We were led to believe that the place she lives now could provide the care she needed, but it seems that as her confusion, agitation, unwillingness / inability to follow instructions or help herself much at all combined with her mobility challenges she may have will mean a higher level of care.

This was not good news and it was hot out today and I'm just exhausted. I still have my cold in full swing and it was almost all too much for me today.

I only ate breakfast and not lunch or anything between except a light snack near 3pm. When faced with the thought of continuing this for another 3 days is feeling like complete torture.  While it feels exciting on one hand because it's only 3 days, it's also feeling like it will be the longest 3 days of my life....and I don't feel like I can cope right now.

I also feel disappointed that this life challenge that cropped up this week has totally shaken my focus, blasting me off my path which was highly focused and committed and immersed.  So now I'm just vamping, not able to really think about planning or trying new things.  You know what though? Maybe that's just fine.  This is going to happen all the time in life. You're cruising along just fine and then WHAM here's a life moment and good luck. I can't turn to food every time that happens. I can't derail my plans or decide that my priorities don't matter. Jeff reminded me last night that this is a big one that's happened and guess what? I'm still eating compliant. I'm still doing my plan. I haven't given up, where the old me would have and so maybe I need to just realize that I'm rocking it and pat myself on the back (his words).

He's right. In fact, this part of my Whole30 will end up being the most successful of my entire 30 days.

So onward - only 3 days to go. I'm excited to share my "Victory" post and to get on to the next stage of my journey - re-introduction and building my "normal" eating plan.

Next post will be Sunday to share with you my reintroduction plan and what's next for me!

Until then...

T

No comments:

Post a Comment