Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Victory is Mine - That's a Wrap!

  
  • No more sugar spikes and crashes - just consistent energy all day most days
  • No cravings for sugar and processed food
  • Less tummy aches 
  • No full bloated feeling after eating
  • Less moody
  • Less irritated and annoyed with little things
  • Less headaches
  • Slightly better knee pain but only slightly
  • Feeling more in control and able to make sensible choices without the pressure of emotions and cravings
This program is not a diet, and it's not meant for weight loss as the primary target. The good news is though that with healthy eating and high restriction comes high reward.  I'm extremely happy with my total weight loss of 21 pounds in 30 days! 

So was it worth it? Yes, I'd say it was. It was difficult and challenging at times, but just the fact that I completed it in the face of stress and emotions where I would have quit in the past was a great lesson for me. I can do whatever I want to with my eating. I don't have to be governed by my emotions and can make good decisions even when I would normally turn to food. Even if that was the only benefit I got from the 30 days it would have been worth it. 

Would I do it again? Not any time soon! Lots of people go on to do a Whole45, 60 or 90. That's just not for me. I can see using this type of eating though when I need a boost or to get my cravings back under control. 

I would like to say a HUGE thank you to my wonderful friends who have followed along my journey, checked in at random times, sent notes of encouragement and have been there for me all the way through. I could not have done it without you.  I'm happy that I made some great new friends who took this journey with me or who have been on their own journey for some time but took the time to help me out. I'm glad we could be there for each other through this. Of course I could never have done this without the support of my hubby who had to talk me down numerous times throughout this 30 days. His patience with me and the willingness to try new foods just to support me was so awesome. 

So what's next for me? I'm going to move over to my new blog which will just be a place I can share what's happening, how things are going, etc. It won't be daily or maybe even weekly but I have found that the accountability of writing this and having people ask when the next post is going up has helped me along the way.  You can find that blog by following the link to the right or by clicking here.

Thank you all again in being part of why I can say "I DID IT"!!!!

Until next time...

T

1 comment:

  1. I'm really hoping that this post will finally work, this is the most important one.
    I want to firstly say that it has been amazing following you along this journey, you really have been an inspiration T!! You have been so diligent and I'm so very very proud of you!!!
    Knowing how much better it's made you feel is great, but 21 pounds T??!! You deserve every ounce of that loss waaahoooo!!!!! Way to go my girl, you totally killed it!!!!
    I'll be following along with your other blog too of course 😉

    ReplyDelete