Thursday, July 2, 2015

Day 24 - 26 - Stress, stress and more stress

Well, it's been a rough few days. My Mom fell and broke her hip on Monday night (day 23) and was taken by paramedics to hospital. Lack of sleep and a completely thrown off routine has added a level of stress that's been a big challenge in this, my last week of my program. 

On top of that, I caught a cold and sore throat on Monday and have been sleeping poorly and feeling like crap! 

The good news is, despite these challenges, I have not abandoned my program. I have managed to get my meals in (even if it was just an egg) and I'm still on track to finish on Monday! That's 4 days more after today....4 days people!!!!


Tuesday night, I tried making cauliflower rice for the very first time. I did it "fried rice" style and served it with garlic prawns. I liked it. Don't kid yourself, it's still cauliflower - it's not rice. Anyone who says "oh you can't tell the difference between it and rice" must have very different tastebuds than I do.

Last night we had the most amazing steak from a local butcher shop. I've been to several high end steakhouses in my time, and this was the best steak I can recall having. 

Today I will be making "bone broth" and seeing how that turns out. It's recommended to help with digestion and support of your immune system so why not? 

Hopefully my Mom will continue to get better and the rest of the week will go smoothly. I'd like to finish this strong and be in a good place to start my reintroduction on Tuesday. 

Until next time,

T

No comments:

Post a Comment