Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Day 21 - 23 - Heading into the Home Stretch

Day 23 here today and that means 1 week to go (ok technically 8 days including today but who's counting?)

The weekend went well though it was SO hot! Thank goodness we invested in that portable AC unit many years ago, it's a lifesaver.

Saturday, I had my first social event since starting my Whole30. I had a stagette to attend where the first hour was nothing but tapas and drinks....I had very carefully planned my evening and eaten before I went and I ordered a Perrier when I got there as well. I was able to munch on a few raw veggies while the girls indulged in fresh bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, flatbreads, spreads, dips and crostini. It all looked really fresh and amazing, but oddly I wasn't the least bit tempted or interested in any of it. The only thing I was a little sad I couldn't partake in was the gelato cookie ice cream sandwiches that came out later in the evening...but they'll be there another day and I'll have a treat some other time.



Saturday also brought the trial of my home made salsa and an avocado....I have never been a fan of avocado in any form but then I have never been a fan of black coffee or breakfast and both those things are now part of my life....so I figured, why not? The verdict....no bueno  :)

Sunday was shopping and cooking day as usual. Despite the heat in the kitchen, I was able to get all my weekly prep done and it wasn't nearly as stressful and time consuming as weeks 1 and 2. It's become a lot more routine. I've accepted the fact that with a healthier lifestyle comes a lot less convenience and a lot more preparation and planning. I'm ok with that, it's a small price to pay in the long run. My once lazy routine of coming home, feeding the dogs and ordering pizza or going out and only having to run the dishwasher a couple times a week is no more....and that's perfectly fine. I expect that I'll really enjoy those nights when they happen on occasion in the future, but that is no longer the routine.

Today is Monday, and I had a hard time getting out of bed, so breakfast was leftover steak and some fruit (no veggies...bad) at my desk.



I got some lovely salmon yesterday and Jeff put it on the BBQ for me so lunch was home made salmon salad cucumber boats with veggies and fruit.




Dinner was a bit derailed when I won tickets to see the advance screening of Terminator Genesis. I threw to gather some of the leftover Salmon spinach and Sweet potatoes in a light coconut green curry. Another experiment that will become part of my repertoire.

I've started planning for next week's end and reintroduction phase. I feel like I have a good, solid plan which I'll share with you closer to day 30. The important thing for me can be summed up here:

WHOLE30: A LEARNING TOOL, NOT A LIFESTYLE

18 May, 2015

From Dallas Hartwig, Whole30 co-creator

You already know the Whole30 is not a diet. It’s not like Atkins or Weight Watchers, and despite its similarities in terms of food selection, the Whole30 is not the same as being “on a Paleo diet.” As we’ve explained, you have to change the framework for how you think about this experience and not try to fit the Whole30 into the “diet” box.

But here’s the thing: the Whole30 program itself is also not a lifestyle. It can and should open the door to a new lifestyle, but our specific rules are not intended to be a way of eating long term, nor is it a benchmark to live up to or a lifetime of “perfect” to be obtained.

In fact, eventually, we hope you won’t need the Whole30 at all… because the Whole30 is a plan designed to make itself obsolete as quickly as possible.

- See more at: http://whole30.com/2...h.r7vy6kYi.dpuf


I'm so excited that I can finally see the finish line for this portion of my journey.

Until next time…

T
















No comments:

Post a Comment