Friday, June 19, 2015

Day 12 - Last post for a few days

It's still rainy and gloomy here and I have NO energy at all. I couldn't even get out of bed when my alarm rang. Needless to say I ate breakfast at my desk (that I still cooked fresh this morning before I left) today.

I definitely felt different last night and today. My usual crankiness at the end of the day and rebellion against everything W30 didn't happen. I was much more mellow and didn't care that I couldn't have my old foods last night. I was excited to make dinner and really enjoyed it. Even this morning, it's a strange feeling, like the foods I've been missing most are less vivid, more faded. I have to struggle to think about what they would taste like and why I want them....this is very promising.

I can't believe it's day 12! By the time the weekend is over I'll be half way through! HALF WAY PEOPLE!!!

I had a bit of a "lack of coffee" headache yesterday and today I'd sure like to have a nice warm caramel machiatto, but other than that no real issue not having coffee for 2 days.



Breakfast was sauteed chicken and spinach...nothing fancy because I was in a hurry.



Lunch was leftover from dinner - chicken garlic sausage and stir fried veggies.









Here is where things got complicated. The lack of caffeine has really taken its toll today. I started having a wicked headache later in the day and felt dizzy and weak and sick on my way home. I came home and.....made a tiny grilled cheese. There, I said it.  I only used one slice of bread and about 1.5 oz cheese, but still. I needed something to eat as I felt I was going to pass out. I could have grabbed an apple, but I didn't

The next thing that happened was that I texted Jeff to bring me a small slurpee home. He said that we shouldn't have it but I insisted that it was my choice and I wanted it.  When he got home we talked about it and what my "slip" meant and if it should be the end of my program or not. I had to make a decision, do I drink the slurpee which probably would throw a lot of my progress out the window. Do I call it quits and order pizza and quietly never speak of the Whole30 again? Or do I realize that it was one tiny blip in a moment of weakness and feeling crappy and move on?  So without having a sip of the slurpee they were dumped out. At least I can say I still haven't had any sugar!

I know for sure that it had the most to do with the caffeine withdrawal but I am definitely not eating enough during the day. I will be incorporating an afternoon snack to help. I wish the tea tasted better because this is not fun.  

So I'm not starting over at day 1. I am going to give myself a break and move on. I guess perfection is too much to strive for. It was important to me to be true on my blog though, it's not supposed to be just the good stuff. 


Dinner was taco salad complete with a cool ranch I made with my home made mayo. It was ok but I won't make the dressing again.

Today will be the last blog post for a few days as we go visit the kids and our GRANDSON!!!! I can't wait to see them and their place. It is very exciting to be able to stay with them for the first time.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

Until next time...onward we go!

T

2 comments:

  1. Trace I am SO proud of you already, but today's post ampd that way up...you dumped the entire thing...without not so much as even a tiny taste. I'm beyond words to describe how much you impressed me with that small gesture, you go girl!!!
    Enjoy every minute with lil handsome this weekend!

    ReplyDelete