Friday, June 26, 2015

Day 19 - 20 - Finally! Some energy!

Good afternoon!

Day 19 was uneventful. I did manage to find a couple neat things at Sobey's to help me out. Potato starch to use for thickening sauces and such as well as a coating for crispy things instead of corn starch. Also found a compliant dressing FINALLY! I'll have to figure out the brand because right now I can't recall, but it's a basil/garlic and it's quite good. No dairy, sugar or grains of any kind. I've struggled with salads because I can't have any dressings unless I make them, and I can't seem to make anything I like.

I was still pretty bummed yesterday that I still don't have my big energy surge but today on day 20 - I feel a lot more energetic for sure.

Today I feel a lot more in control of my food choices and feel like I'm no longer thinking about food as much and specifically what I can't be eating right now.

Today's big win was resisting the invitation to go for lunch with the people from work, when I had brought my lunch.  Even though the thought of my lunch was somewhat unappealing, I wasn't tempted by the thought of anything else either. Since I knew that it would be difficult and annoying to modify something to the point where I could feel good about my choice, I declined.

My lunch was cucumber boats with tuna salad and apples with almond butter. I made the tuna salad a bit too runny, but I will definitely have this again! It was so yummy and I was so full and very happy with my choice.




















I'm starting to think I'm really going to enjoy the next 10 days in my Whole30. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually feeling sad that it's ending. No, before you chime in and suggest I do another one back to back...not happening. I'm quite happy keeping most of these habits, testing the waters with some selective reintroduction of foods and managing occasional indulgences and other less healthy choices as that - occasional....

I am really hoping the bulk of my benefits show up in my last 10 days. Since I've started eating more at mealtimes, I'm definitely less nauseous and yucky feeling towards the end of the day.

I'm also going to be doing some meal planning this week and actually try out some of my recipes in the books I bought. I will be making some bone broth as well on the weekend and as we speak, we have Kalua Pig in the crock pot from Nom Nom Paleo for meat for my meals!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Until next time...

T

No comments:

Post a Comment