Monday, June 22, 2015

Days 13 - 15 and a weekend away

Day 13

See? It's a brand new day...the sun is shining today and yesterday's little slip then recovery is all over.  I made it through and I'm still here and still on track.

Someone on the W30 Ladies group on Facebook posted something really meaningful to me today. It was perfect timing in light of what happened yesterday. She just completed her W30 and posted this:

"I did things a bit differently and un-'complaint'. I started by eliminating sugar, processed foods, dairy, all grains, corn, legumes, lentils and alcohol from my home. Then I just ate whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. I didn't follow the no snacking rule, or the don't mix certain foods with certain foods etc. I just ate within the 'boundaries' whenever it felt right. Eating this way is how my body feels best (ate paleo for many months a few years ago) and I don't plan on changing it anytime soon so I wanted to make sure that this first 30 days was realistic not 'complaint'. Not having bacon because it has some honey is just not in the cards for me.  I'm sharing this because it's important to me (at least) that I remind myself that diet and the way we fuel our bodies is at LIFESTYLE not just 30 days. Yes a reset is so important but this goes so much further beyond the food and a certain amount of time."

She is so right! I do plan to do some version of this eating long term, it's how I want to eat and how I want to live...I have to stop looking at it like this is temporary. Yes some of the eliminations are, but most will stay with me long term. It really helped put things into perspective.

Day 14 - 15 

We had an awesome weekend with the Kids and Grandbaby! It was beautiful weather and we had a great time visiting and hanging out. Got to hit up Whole Foods in Vancouver which was amazing! I can't wait until we get ours here in 2017! I could see it being pretty dangerous cost wise, so hopefully it will be on the other side of the city! I got some coconut "yogurt" which is a coconut milk based yogurt type thing....it was a bit more like sour cream and would be good in dressings or savory dishes more than just as a yogurt.

I had a fabulous personal chef all weekend who made sure I ate enough (even when I said I only want and egg and an apple)! Breakfast was no problem and then we were full all day until dinner so really didn't eat lunch. I took my nuts and dried fruit for snacks which worked really well in between. I was very happy to be able to stay on track all weekend.  I was also introduced to Tim Horton's iced coffee - black of course. It's actually not too bad. At least there is something out there that I don't mind if I want a little pick me up from time to time.

No pictures to post, I forgot in Whole Foods it was just so magnificent!

Until tomorrow...

T

No comments:

Post a Comment