Monday, June 22, 2015

Day 16 - back to the grind....uh oh....

The only downfall about being away all weekend is missing my shopping trip and prep time on Sunday. I knew this would be a challenge, but that's ok - life is full of them. I've made my list for the week and went right after work to get it all ready.  Today though, I had nothing with me. I even forgot my water bottle at home! So unprepared.

I stopped at Tim's and got a medium iced coffee (black) and am quite enjoying it this morning. I was even able to resist bagels and muffins, etc! We have a Sunterra Market in our building at work, so I was able to get some compliant breakfast and hit the salad bar for lunch. All in all, not a bad backup plan and certainly no excuse to not eat properly!

My blog is going to be a bit different in the last half of my 30 days. I'm now on the actual back side of this and it feels amazing. I know it's a dangerous time now because I have to be careful not to take any of these new habits that are forming for granted. There will be less focus now on the meals and the food, less pictures too (maybe some of you are happy not to see the food pics now, maybe not?).

The posts will be more about changes that I'm seeing and how I'm feeling overall.

For instance, an interesting thing happened between Saturday and Sunday. I started really having less cravings. I don't feel like I'm craving or loving the "new" food yet, but I'm not thinking obsessively about all the things I'm not eating anymore either. It's a nice shift.

Other "wins" so far:

  • Skin - looks clearer and feels nicer
  • Mood - less moody. I know I've been a bit cranky off and on during the first 15 days, but I really feel like I am less angry and irritable. 
  • Pain - it's about the same, although I haven't felt "yucky" after eating since starting...don't eat to the point of being stuffed, so I'm not feeling indigestion and crampy and gross anymore.
  • Headaches - other than the caffeine headaches that came from the lack of coffee, I've had none. 
  • Medication - I have not had to take Tylenol or Advil or anything during the day at all for any kind of issue since I started.
Overall, it's going really well. I know I can make it to the end, only14 more days to go!

Until tomorrow...

T


No comments:

Post a Comment