Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Day 17 - 18 - The New Normal?

I've been thinking a lot over the past 2 days about what I'll do for my re-introduction phase when my W30 is over on July 6. What order will I try to bring things back into my eating habits? What will stay out because I'm happy without it? How will I use this experience to springboard my healthier eating habits long-term? I'm really unsure about all of that, because even though I'm done day 18 now, I'm still so unsure about how to sustain this (even for 12 more days).

The Whole30 is very drastic and it's meant to be that way. I get that, but it's amazing the impact on daily life that it has. I'm truly looking forward to adjusting my eating in July to allow for a bit more flexibility and convenience. 

Another issue that has been happening over the past few days is that the effects of not eating enough are starting to manifest into symptoms. The dizzy, woozy, nauseous, headachey, crappy feelings later in the afternoon and before dinner are a result of not having nearly enough protein and starchy veggies during the day.

Typical Day


Breakfast - 4oz chicken, 1/2 cup sweet potatoes, 2 large handfuls of spinach, fruit serving - I eat maybe 1/2 and can't do more (except the fruit)
Lunch - 4oz meat / protein including hard boiled eggs, 2 cups of veggies, 1 fruit serving - most of the time this gets eaten but sometimes only about 3/4 and I can't do more.
Dinner - 4 - 6 oz meat, salad or other veggies, potatoes or sweet potatoes - this usually gets fully eaten.

I occasionally will have some cashews and almonds in the late morning and/or early afternoon as a "snack" though that's not recommended.

The problem isn't really that I'm not hungry, it's that I'm just tired and bored of this food, the variety is hard to get when you have such limited choices and specialty items are so expensive and difficult to find. Even "compliant" foods have so many limitations and restrictions that you can't even find things that work that way (i.e. almond or coconut milk - not all are equal and not all are allowed).

I also found out I'm not drinking enough water - despite getting 40-60oz a day (which apparently is the right amount for a 120 pound person). I thought I was doing pretty well...

I know I'm sounding pretty negative today, I guess I feel that way. I'm just tired of all of it. The second half was supposed to be so "life changing" when your mood and energy is soaring...so I'm a bit disappointed that all my hard work isn't really paying off in the way I thought it would.  This has been the most restrictive 18 days I've ever done and it feels right now that it's not worth it.

Until next time...

T


No comments:

Post a Comment